No attendant on duty. Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Helotes Humane Society shall not be liable for injuries to dogs, their owners/handlers, or others that use the dog park. This area is for dogs and their owners/handlers only. The owner is 100% responsible for any injuries inflicted by their dog. Prevent injuries by supervising your dog closely at all times. Dog owners are legally and financially responsible for their dog’s behavior.
Please comply with the following policies for your own safety and the safety and enjoyment of others:
- No puppies under 4 months of age. No dogs in heat.
- All dogs must be properly vaccinated. No dogs with parasites, worms, fleas or ticks.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from this park. Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior will be removed from the park immediately, without debate.
- Dog owners are solely liable for injuries or damages caused by their dogs.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by dog owners and placed in the proper receptacles.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control by their owners/handlers at all times outside of the fenced dog park. Dogs must be “off leash” while in the park.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted in the dog park.
- Dog owners must be in the dog park and within view and voice control of their dogs at all times. Never leave your dog unsupervised. Do not use the park as a babysitter for your dog or your children.
- All children under the age of 16 must be closely supervised at all times by an adult. It is strongly urged that young children not be brought into the dog park for their own safety.
- No more than 3 dogs allowed per owner/handler.
- No food or drinks (human or dog), no alcoholic beverages, strollers, bicycles or children’s toys allowed in the dog park. There is no water inside the park. You can use the water hose on the side of the store if you need water for your dog or bring your own.
- No choke, spiked, or pronged collars allowed.
- Honor other owner’s requests regarding their dogs.
- Keep park gates closed at ALL TIMES.
- Secure your vehicle by closing windows, locking doors, and activating alarm. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle while it is unattended. Report suspicious activity and vandalism immediately to the Helotes Police Department at (210) 695-1816.
- Fetch only – type toys allowed (balls, Frisbees). No rawhides or other chew toys.