Please comply with the following policies for your own safety and the safety and enjoyment of others:
- No puppies under 4 months of age. No dogs in heat.
- All dogs must be properly vaccinated. No dogs with parasites, worms, fleas or ticks.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from this park. Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior will be removed from the park immediately, without debate.
- Dog owners are solely liable for injuries or damages caused by their dogs.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by dog owners and placed in the proper receptacles.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control by their owners/handlers at all times outside of the fenced dog park. Dogs must be “off leash” while in the park.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted in the dog park.
- Dog owners must be in the dog park and within view and voice control of their dogs at all times. Never leave your dog unsupervised. Do not use the park as a babysitter for your dog or your children.
- All children under the age of 16 must be closely supervised at all times by an adult. It is strongly urged that young children not be brought into the dog park for their own safety.
- No more than 3 dogs allowed per owner/handler.
- No food of any kind. No alcoholic beverages, strollers, bicycles or children’s toys allowed in the dog park. There are water hoses available in the largest two dog parks but owners will need to provide their own bowls.
- No choke, spiked, or pronged collars allowed.
- Honor other owner’s requests regarding their dogs.
- Keep park gates closed at ALL TIMES.
- Secure your vehicle by closing windows, locking doors, and activating alarm. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle while it is unattended. Report suspicious activity and vandalism immediately to the Bexar County Sheriff’s Department at (210) 335-6000.
- Fetch only – type toys allowed (balls, Frisbees). No rawhides or other chew toys.
Use at your own risk
No attendant on duty. Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Helotes Humane Society shall not be liable for injuries to dogs, their owners/handlers, or others that use the dog park. This area is for dogs and their owners/handlers only. Owners are 100% responsible for any injuries inflicted by their dog. Prevent injuries by supervising your dog closely at all times. Dog owners are legally and financially responsible for their dog’s behavior.
10675 Shaenfield Rd
San Antonio, TX 78254
Tues – Fri 10:00-2:00 p.m.
Sat 9:30-3:00 p.m.